The Canary Foundation Science and Technology Park of the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, FCPCT onwards, was incorporated on June 17, 2008, with the founding institutions the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and the Cabildo de Gran Canaria. FCPCT is a foundation of public nature, organic and functionally attached to the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, hereinafter ULPGC, and aims at the promotion, management, maintenance and operation of the Science and Technology Park of the University of the Palmas and centers under the same, as an instrument for achieving the goal of knowledge enhancement, development and business innovation in the Canaries.
The FPCT, by its nature and purpose, is the ideal environment for the management and coordination of research projects or innovation involved ULPGC, public or private, whatever the legal form of the joint participation and source of funds, to be able to act in his capacity as being instrumental in the same.
The Science and Technology Park aims to set up a space for knowledge enhancement, development and business innovation in the Canaries, to:
- Promote the development of technology parks.
- Increase community wealth spreading the culture of innovation.
- To encourage the competitiveness of incumbents.
- To stimulate the flow of knowledge and technology between universities, research institutions, companies and markets.
- Promote the creation and growth of innovative enterprises, scientific and technological base by providing incubation space and high quality facilities.
- Provide value added services, collaborating and coordinating the preparation, management and monitoring of projects with public and private funding.